Use simple collage techniques to digitally layer elements and then mask using brushes to refine the effect.
- Select an image of choice to create a graphic background – Choose an image that visually enhances the story you want to tell. Blend the photo into an artsy paper using a Layer Mask and a variety of [BrushSets] http://www.oscraps.com/shop/BrushSets/. An artsy paper with a bird was selected.
- Add multiple image layers to the design, such as the vintage photo of a lady holding a book standing next to a white chair and the white bird. Adjust the Blending Modes of the layers and mask the images using the Layer Mask and [Brushes] http://www.oscraps.com/shop/BrushSets/ technique to hide and reveal specific areas of the photos to create a seamless composite.
- Create a background using a variety of [ArtsyTransfers] http://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtsyTransfers/ using each of the layers independently or together as delivered. Reorder the layers, dragging them up and down the Layers panel, then adjust the Blending Modes according to preference.
- Embellish and support the imagery with elements and custom colorizing techniques. The bird-lady’s skirt is textured using a transfer from the [Artplay Palette] http://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palettes/. Elements are recolored using Adjustment Layers, [Brushes] http://www.oscraps.com/shop/BrushSets and Blending Modes. FotoGlows with different Blending Modes applied yield light in your artistry.
- Add words and dimensional embellishment to the page to inject meaning, enhance the story and create visual interest in your design. The branch is duplicated with a Multiply Blending Mode applied to the copy layer.
- An artsy paper ‘overlay’ with a Multiply Blending Mode and reduced Opacity adds texture and depth to your design. Mask the artsy paper layer using a Layer Mask and [Brushes] http://www.oscraps.com/shop/BrushSets/ to refine as preferred.