Today, I’m finally able to wrap up my project and share FotoInspired October-December 2020.
FotoInspired October-December 2020
New to FotoInspired?
Learn about FotoInspired.
Join the dedicated FotoInspired community on Facebook.
The FotoInspired Stats
A total of 10 double-page spreads for the final quarter of year 2020.
- 5 in October, 2 in November and 3 in December.
- Every day life around here.
- A short getaway for me.
- A hunting trip for Eric.
- Luke’s homecoming and Birthday
- Thanksgiving and Christmas
Here are my layouts plus some thoughts on catching up on your FotoInspired layouts.
October | Weeks 40 and 41
October | Weeks 42 and 43
October | Week 43
October | Weeks 43 and 44
October | Weeks 44 and 45
November | Weeks 46 and 47
November | Week 48
December | Weeks 49 and 50
December | Week 51
December | Week 52
Life happens and you fall behind.
- I have been here SO many times.
- In fact, I fall behind in my visual storytelling and memory keeping from October to December EVERY year.
- It’s NOT ideal but it is just the way it goes.
- LIVE your life first and DOCUMENT later.
- And in all the years of experience in doing this project, I can tell you it is WORTH it.
How do you make the task less daunting?
- Let’s face it…It’s not an easy PROCESS.
- So many pages to CREATE can be a bit tedious not mention overwhelming.
- Though I love being able to RELIVE the memories as I document them.
- It’s a great way to FULLY appreciate a time in the year that is always a bit of a blur.
- The best advice is to keep it as SIMPLE as you can.
Ideas for simplification of the process.
- Establish the most meaningful STORIES of the month.
- Include ONLY the photos you really love.
- LIMIT your aA DigitalART to one ArtPlay Palette or Collection.
- Focus more on the photos and words and LESS on the artistry.
Notice how I….
- Did NOT use every photo I took, but selected the ones that best REPRESENT our family life.
- Add stories and anecdotes in note format to CONVEY the details without writing a novel.
- Chose one ArtPlay Palette that best coordinates with the COLOR in my images and make it work.
- Used the tools in Photoshop to RECOLOR the digital assets as needed.
- Added FEWER ArtsyPaint elements and embellishments to my digital scrapbooking layout design.
What trick and tips do you incorporate into your process in catching up with your pages? Learn a LOT more about creating a Year in Review project.