Master the Art of Creating Digital Painted Flowers with Mixed Media Flair.
Learn my unique step-by-step approach to creating artsy abstract flower designs in Adobe Photoshop CC.
Together we will ArtPLAY our way through the creation of a digital mixed-media style flower element, guided by a specific design ‘blueprint’, and wielding the power of Photoshop Tools.
The aArtsyFlower formula is the ArtPlay method used to create the series of artsy painted flowers in the MultiMedia product range, located in the Elements category of the Anna Aspnes Designs store at Oscraps.
The method has been developed and perfected over the course of 15 years, and this aArtsyFlower workshop, shares EVERY detail with you.
aArtsyFlowers is for digital artists, scrapbookers and crafters, wanting to try something exciting and gratifying in their digital artistry.
The course is divided into 6 sections, divided into 12 self-paced videos comprising of almost 4 hours of artsy digital design education.
1 part (21.56 mins)
1. Introduction, Definitions and Background
An outline of the course will be provided as an introduction to the course.
Discover the foundation and background behind these artsy embellishments, comprehensive knowledge of what MultiMedia Elements are, and how to use them successfully and with ease in your artistry.
We will study 3 diverse MultiMedia Flower ‘sample’ elements, to prepare for the creation of a similar element.
- View the layers and composition of the ArtsyFlower element.
- Understand the advantages/disadvantages of using different file formats.
- Learn ALL techniques for customizing and modifying ArtsyFlower elements.
2 parts: Part A (17.54 mins), Part B (21.25 mins)
>>Watch Part A FREE here.<<
2. The Flower Study
The foundation of the aArtsyFlower method will provide clever techniques in Adobe Photoshop for viewing flowers as abstract shapes.
Regardless of how much creativity you think you lack 🙂
You will learn:
- All recommended resources of inspiration.
- Key features to look for (and what to avoid).
- How to identify shapes in images.
- Simplify complex flower images into abstract patterns.
- Best practices for establishing flower forms.
- To create a pattern or blueprint for your designs.
1 part (14.09 mins)
3. DigitalART Supplies
A detailed overview of all the different types of DigitalART supplies you will need to create ArtsyFlower designs divided into 3 different categories.
A collection or 55 aA DigitalART Elements valued at $30.00 are included with this course for your convenience and enjoyment.
You will learn:
- Most useful DigitalART supplies specifics.
- What to look for in selecting them.
- Where to locate supplies.
- Suggestions for sourcing your own.
- Guidance for organization.
6 parts: Part A (22.08 mins), Part B (21.44 mins), Part C (22.35 mins), Part D (20.35 mins), Part E (16.18 mins), Part F (17.40 mins)
4. aArtsyFlower Formula
Follow the intuitive 5-Step Process for assembling your ArtsyFlower designs.
- Considerations and creation of the ArtsyFlower foundation.
- Using the pattern/blueprint using DigitalART supplies and Adobe Photoshop Tools.
- Techniques and approach for establishing the ArtsyFlower form.
- Adding depth using color and textural compenents.
- Successfully embellishing the ArtsyFlower design with a variety of tools and techniques.
1 part (7.47 mins)
5. aArtsyFlower ‘Good To Knows’
Guidance and suggestions from Anna for mastering the art of creating an aArtsyFlower.
1 part (1.53 mins)
6. Summary and Assignment
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS ARTPLAY™ CLASS
The aArtsyFlower course includes:
- 12 Self-paced video sessions in .MP4 format available for immediate download.
- Just under 4 hours of step-by-step video instruction in total.
- In depth 20-page written course content in .pdf format to accompany the videos.
- ALL aA DigitalART supplies used in class.
- ALL photo images, patterns/blueprints, and layered .psd files created throughout the course.
- aArtsyFlowers Facebook Group to connect and share.
Conducted in Adobe Photoshop CC. Requires Photoshop CS2 or above.
*UPDATE* Many Photoshop Elements User have also successfully taken this course.
You can use Filter > Distort> Liquify> Warp in Adobe Photoshop Elements.
Basic familiarity of the Adobe Photoshop work space, and using BrushSets, is required.
You DO NOT need to have taken the aAdvanced Brushes course to successfully complete this new workshop.
All content is Copyright © Anna Aspnes at Anna Aspnes Designs 2002-2017.
- Ownership and Copyright are retained by Anna Aspnes at Anna Aspnes Designs, are non-transferable and all rights are reserved.
- Techniques and materials shared in aArtsyFlowers are intended for PERSONAL USE ONLY.
- Limited Commercial Use License for this workshop is available here.
Got a question? Email me.
Look forward to seeing you in the Facebook group and mentoring you in growing your aArtsyFlower skills.