Today, Creative Team Viv Halliwell, is sharing ways to ensure Creativity Sparks Creativity.
Creativity Sparks Creativity
Guidance FOR THOSE DAYS WHEN YOUR CREATIVITY IS MISSING.
On days when…
- The thoughts are blank
- You feel a bit down.
- And creating seems SO far away.
This is the time when you need to create the most.
1. Keep It Simple
Make it as simple as you want it to be right now and focus on one thought or new idea to spark inspiration.
- Participate in the Designer Challenges found in the Oscraps Forum.
- Watch one of the video tutorials on the aA Youtube
- Follow one of the aA Blog Tutorials to
- Take a aA workshop or class.
2. Translate Inspiration
Find an simple starting point for your layout design where some of the work has been done for you.
- Begin with a pre-designed layered Template and modify as much (or as little) as you prefer.
- Select a favorite ArtPlay Palette with inspiring shapes and or colors.
- Choose a favorite photo to work with and focus editing before telling the story.
- Create a layout design around favorite Quotes, Lyrics or Poems.
3. Create Layout Design
Gather your aA DigitalART Supplies and keep the process simple.
- Go to File> New to create a New Layout.
- Move an Artsy Paper onto your layout foundation.
- Use the design area of the Artsy Paper to establish a focal point.
- You can also create your own artsy layout foundation using a Solid Paper plus Transfers and Overlays.
- Place a FotoBlendz Clipping Mask over the focal area of your layout design.
- Clip a photo to the mask layer to instantly blend your photo.
Tip. Apply Blending Modes to enhance the artistry.
4. Embellish your Artistry
Support your blended photo with words and dimensional embellishments.
- Make your embellishment selections based on Element Properties.
- Place a couple of embellishments together to create a Cluster.
- Add a WordART title and a few Elements to complete your design.
- A complete list of aA Digital Art supplies for this layout can be found here.
Sometimes you have to fake until make it.
- You won’t feel creative if you don’t give yourself the opportunity.
- Find an easy way, such as those suggested above, to walk you through the process.
- A creative practice will ALWAYS lead to some sort of creativity.
We invite you to:
- Create a layout using a Fotoblendz Clipping Mask.
- Read Modify FotoBlendz Clipping Masks and Photo Artistry with ArtPlay Palettes.
- Peruse or post to the aA Gallery.
- Watch How to Scrapbook for Beginners.
- Visit the Anna Aspnes Designs store at Oscraps.
Join the discussion One Comment
A timely blog post as many may feel less energetic, less motivated during quarantine. Also, helpful steps for any beginner…moves the novice beyond the fear of the empty page. Anna has SO many resources to challenge and inspire as pointed out here. Thanks for the encouraging post, Viv!