Today, I’m sharing my FotoInspired March 2021.
FotoInspired March 2021
New to FotoInspired?
Learn about FotoInspired.
Join the dedicated FotoInspired community on Facebook.
The FotoInspired Stats
A total of 5 double-page spreads.
- Lots of skiing post COVID making the most of the little snow we’ve had this year.
- My Father-In-Laws Birthday.
- School at home prior to returning full-time.
- Denver’s 4th biggest snow storm in history.
- My birthday.
Here are my layouts plus some thoughts on ‘Stories Big and Small.’
Week 9 | Skiing + Week 10a | Richard’s Birthday + School at Home Week 10b | Richard’s Birthday + School at Home Week 11a | Big Snow Week 11b | My Birthday
Stories Big and and Small
Make these templates work for your photos and I life.
- What I LOVE about the FotoInspired template format is the FLEXIBITY.
- They work for ANY number of PHOTOS or STORIES.
- Create a SINGLE layout with multiple photos and smaller stories.
- Stretch a BIGGER story over MULIPLE pages to showcase more images.
Let the stories and photos lead your layout design.
- The NUMBER of photos per story will GUIDE you.
- You might have a layout dedicated to a single STORY with lots of supporting photos.
- The design might be made up of unrelated SNAPSHOTS offering a variety of TALES.
- There really are NO RULES to the composition of your layout designs.
Guidance for Planning your FotoInspired Layout Designs
1. Assess Photos
- Decide on WHICH photos you want to use in your layouts.
- Ideally you will want to COPY these images into a SUB-FOLDER.
- GROUP images together according to their STORIES.
- Mentally gauge this or create a Folder System as outlined in the aA Project.
- You are essentially establishing NUMBER of stories and photos.
2. Choose Template(s)
- Choose one or MORE templates to accommodate the NUMBER of photos.
- Pay attention to the SIZE and ORIENTATION of masks in each FotoInspired template design.
- Ensure enough masks in the template(s) to include ALL photos with some remaining for EMBELLISHMENT.
- It is BETTER to create 2 layouts than try to SQUEEZE all the photos into one template.
- Too many photos creates OVERCROWDING and hinders desired BALANCE.
3. Adding Photos
- You can group a SEQUENCE of photos together to UNIFY.
- There is, however, BENEFIT to spreading photos with SIMILAR photos across a layout design.
- Intentional placement of such photos allows same COLORS and SHAPES to lead the viewers eye.
- Leave ’empty’ masks at intervals offering WHITE SPACE for the eye to rest.
4. Embellishing with DigitalART
- Fill the empty masks with Artsy Papers, Brushes and ArtsyKardz.
- Embellish with Stitching and embellishments from ArtPlay Palettes and MultiMedia elements.
- Be sure to leave space for your STORIES too!
WATCH MY FOTOINSPIRED PROCESS IN THIS FREE 3-PART VIDEO SERIES:
- Artsy Digital Pocket Scrapbooking 1/3
- Artsy Digital Pocket Scrapbooking 2/3
- Artsy Digital Pocket Scrapbooking 3/3
Note. Make you own rules when creating your layouts.
Join the discussion 2 Comments
Thanks Heather. Photos have been a bit spotty as of late but still making the magic happen 😉