Today, aA Cerative Team Member, Viv Halliwell, is sharing 8 Ways to Digital Art Journaling.
8 Ways to Digital Art Journaling
Digital Art journaling is the fusion of digital artistry and words to convey emotion.
- A great way to create in the Absence of photos, ‘make sense of the world’ or work through Emotion.
- Lead your layout design with Words or text-inspired images.
- Create the artistry and Embellish with aA DigitalART.
1. Text Focal Point
Create a point of entry with a single point of focus.
- Choose an Artsy Paper or Create Your Own using ArtPlay Palettes.
- Type your words or Quote in the center of the main area of visual interest.
- Select 2 Different fonts with one being more Bold than the other to support Emphasis and create Contrast.
2. Get FotoInspired
But create with words and digital assets instead of photos!
- FotoInspired templates make fast work of digital art journaling.
- The ‘block’ style design yields a Layout within a Layout effect
- Embellish each block with WordART, LabeledWords and elements from ArtPlay Palettes and MultiMedia to support any photos.
3. Frame Approach
Arrange 1 or more frames in a row to showcase your artistry.
- Photos taken in a local book shop became the Inspiration for this digital art journaling layout design.
- Blend the photos with Artsy Papers or ArtsyKardz using Blending Modes.
- Clip the artsy word-inspired artistry to the Clipping Masks in the frames.
4. ArtsyKardz Foundation
Place ArtsyKardz in a row or column to create the focal point for your digital art journaling layout design.
- Add your words in the form of WordART, ScriptTease Brushes and custom script using the Type Tool.
- Consider Hiding or partially ‘masking’ words and phrases that hold personal Meaning.
- A running theme throughout Viv’s layouts is to Explore her creativity as art or photography.
5. Apply Filter Effects.
Use apps and Photoshop filters to enhance digital images and photos.
- Use images that insight Joy.
- Modify the images in Photoshop by applying Filters or process using Apps on your smart device.
- Align embellishment and word elements with the edges of the images.
6. Negative Space
Create a minimalist design with white space to intentionally shift the focus to the words.
- Arrange Transfers and Overlays with Brushes to create your digital art journaling foundation in the center of a Solid Paper.
- Notice how the White Space ‘frames’ and draws the eye to the artistry.
- Embellish and create smaller Focal Points with WordART and embellishments.
7. Blend Your Words
Apply Blending Modes to a variety of words to augment your digital art journaling.
- Take a photo that includes words and clip to a FotoBlendz mask or blend with AnnaBlendz Artsy brushes.
- Add the text in the Color of your choice or recolor as preferred.
- Apply Blending Modes to each of these approaches and experiment to make the magic happen.
8. Blur The Boundaries
Add elements to break up harsh lines and create blended transitions.
- Place Transfers and Overlays, ArtsyTransfers and MultiMedia Document layers over edges.
- This Softens hard lines in the design and eases Transitions in the artistry.
- Notice also the variation in Angles to yield greater Visual Interest.
Use words in place of photos to create the focal point of your layout design.
- Start with the Quote, a word-inspired Photo, or even a favorite Color Palette.
- Next choose aA DigitalART supplies to tell the Story and support the Emotion behind your digital art journaling design.
- Choose elements that lead the eye, Enhance the artistry and Fulfill the creative experience.