Happy Monday! Today we’re sharing 8 Ways to Use Recipe Templates.
8 Ways to Use Recipe Templates
Ideas and inspiration for using Recipe Template Pack No. 1.
Encourages you to:
- Think ‘outside-the-box’ in HOW you can use theme specific templates.
- EXTEND the usage of your templates beyond the suggested theme.
- Have fun telling stories in UNIQUE and different ways.
1. Organize Your Recipes
Get those favorite recipes into a beautiful photo book or album and throw away those scrappy bits of paper.
- Print a book for yourself and duplicate COPIES to make multiple personalized Holiday Gifts.
- Use the templates individually to accommodate 6 recipe OR span your recipes across 2 pages and include more photos.
- REPEAT the use of the templates to ORGANIZE and accommodate your recipe collection.
- Create a small digital artistry COMPOSITE to support your recipe text and photo.
- Combine an Artsy Paper background with embellishments to support the theme.
- Switch up the PLACEMENT of ingredients/instructions text with your photos as needed.
2. Add Personal Anecdotes
Personalize your recipes with your own notes and observations.
- Copy and paste or type YOUR recipes using the text boxes provided.
- Number the STEPS or use bullets if preferred
- Modify the SHAPE and SIZE of the text boxes to support your recipe text.
- Provide a single layout foundation to all the masks.
- Clip duplicate copies of the same Artsy Paper to the mask layers in the template.
- Lead the eye with element clusters and extractions.
3. Artsify The Experience
Use DigitalART to inject visual interest into your artsy digital scrapbooking designs.
- Include your MEMORIES wherever possible to personalize and entertain your family and friends.
- Support your recipes with FREE images from the internet with Finding and Using Photo Resources.
- Use embellishments to add TENSION into your layout design.
- Use strings, ribbons and digital stitching to lead the eye around your artsy digital scrapbooking design.
- Replace masks with pieces of vintage paper or card to create a foundation for your recipe.
- Add a dimensional element, such as the leaf, to draw the eye to a Focal Point in the design
4. Be Your Own Chef
Create your own recipe for a special day or event.
- This is a FABULOUS way to document special traditions in your family to create a unique artsy digital scrapbooking layout.
- Don’t just include the HOW, but the also the WHY, to pass on Life Lessons and your ‘moral code of conduct’ to future generations.
- Include photos of your people to further PERSONALIZE your recipe for magic and happiness.
- Place your elements along the Stitched Grid Overlays to accentuate ALIGNMENT.
- Notice how the embellishment cluster also Draws The Eye into the artsy digital scrapbooking layout design.
- SUPPORT bright colors such as red with similar colored design elements in a Visual Triangle design.
5. All About You
Create a your own recipe about you using a visual story-telling approach.
- Tell your STORY with a variety of images and minimal text.
- Add Artsy Effects to your photos using filters in Adobe Photoshop/Elements or using smartphone apps.
- Use WordART and LabeledWords to support your imagery.
- Extend your photo artistry beyond the stitched grid overlay.
- Notice how the DigitalART and photos ‘spilling out’ from behind the stitching softens the sharp lines.
- Clip your photos to FotoBlendz masks or add elements such as Transfers and Overlays.
6. Celebrate The Seasons
Document how your culinary tastes change with the Seasons.
- Combine seasonal photos with the foods you are enjoying RIGHT NOW.
- Capture the DETAILS in documenting a part of your day at particular time of year.
- Take photos of all the little things that you LOVE.
- Capture the normal mundane every day photos of your surrounds.
- Notice how Diane has included images of both inside and out to share her morning routine.
- Choose warm or cool color palettes to mirror MOOD and support your THEME.
7. Document Travel
Collect and include recipes from adventures far and wide as well as closer to home.
- Use photos of food and menu memorabilia from your vacation photos.
- Look up the recipes on-line and copy/paste text into the text box or make brushes from foreign languages to include in your recipe pages.
- Convert foreign recipes into your native language using Google Translate.
- Use the same MOTIF to lead the eye through your artsy digital scrapbooking layout.
- Add slight variation in the REPETITION to yield visual interest.
- Notice how Margo has used lace multiple times but in DIFFERENT ways throughout her design.
8. Embellish Your Instructions
Create recipes that extend beyond the scope of food and document them in your artsy digital scrapbook.
- Focus on how-to’s and instructions that encompass your skills, passions and hobbies.
- What unique skills do you have that future generations might want to know?
- Create a single page or an entire photo book collection.
- Brightly color the Stitched Grid Overlay to frame your instructions.
- Watch this video for guidance on recoloring the stitching in this style of template.
- Notice how the bright color makes the photo artistry layout design explode.
There are SO many ways to use these templates some of which also extend beyond food.
- Organize and ‘artsify’ your unruly collection of recipes into a book or album.
- Incorporate these templates into your memory keeping to provide a unique approach to telling your stories.
- Extend the scope of what ‘recipe’ means, to how-tos, rules to live by and beyond…
Join the discussion 4 Comments
I really enjoy reading all these ideas and seeing them in these vibrant examples. Makes me want to try everything !
Thank you Diane. It was a fun post to write.
This is a beautiful idea. I wanted to make a special recipe card for my girlfriend, she cooks and bakes everything from scratch. My girlfriend had given my daughter a recipe that had been her mother’s and grandmothers and since both her mother and grandmother have now passed, I knew she would cherish it. Unfortunately I did not do it justice…. yet! I know I can do it with your instructions, it is just going to take me a bit longer than I had anticipated. 🙂 Thank you for a fantastic post!
Watch this space Michelle – More templates and companion samplers coming as we plan an upcoming recipe challenge! You’ll definitely want to be part of that 🙂