Today, I’m inspired to interrupt our typical ArtsyInspiration post to share some thoughts on Finding Creative Opportunity in Uncertainty and providing encouragement for starting a photo project TODAY.
Finding Creative Opportunity in Uncertainty
Let’s try and worry less.
- There is obviously a LOT going on right now with much uncertainty.
- And there is a MUCH for us to worry about.
- But there is also VERY little we can do about any of it other than to stay home and do our part in ‘flattening the curve.’
- If you’re doing that, then you are doing ALL you can do with regards to world events.
- It’s NOW your responsibility make the BEST of your own situation.
- In whatever way works best for YOU.
2020 Weeks 10 and 11 | Anna
There is a HUGE cost without benefit.
- Worrying about something does NOT in any way make it any better.
- It just makes YOU feel worse – As someone who has suffered depression, Bipolar Disorder and anxiety throughout my years, I know this to be true.
- And perhaps susceptible to lowering your resistance and getting run down.
- As soon as you ACCEPT this principle…
- You can use ALL this new-found TIME on something more productive that brings you JOY.
- (or worry about something you CAN actually control.)
45th Birthday Thoughts | Anna
This puzzle analogy is brilliant.
Via Chris Guillebeau
“There’s a 1,000 piece puzzle.
On one side is a map of the world, on the other is a picture of you.
Trying to solve the puzzle for the world is almost impossible.
Solving the puzzle for you is simpler, and achievable.
By solving the puzzle for you, the world’s solution also comes through.”
In other words:
“Find the piece of the puzzle that has your name on it.”
Use your gifts and talents to find some peace in all this.
Start a Photo Project
7 Reasons Why You Need to Start Now.
- You have the dedicated TIME to start and COMPLETE a photo artistry or scrapbooking project.
- You might find RELAXATION and distraction from what’s going on outside.
- You can use your creative practice to find COMFORT and a way to work through your FEELINGS.
- You will discover JOY in revisiting old photos and memories to yield GRATITUDE.
- You have the OPPORTUNITY to elevate your artistry and LEARN something new.
- You might find ROUTINE in the process to help manage your days.
- You can FINALLY check some of those photo projects off your list!
Naughty (Heritage Project) | Anna
Choosing a Theme
Select a topic that is most inspiring to you.
I include a LONG list of ideas and guidance for choosing a theme in the aA Project Workshop REPLAY.
You will also learn how to plan, organize and execute the pages with ease using my tried and tested ‘album magic’ method.
Here are 5 IDEAS for photo projects you can begin TODAY.
1. Everyday Documentation
2020 Week 9 (Before COVID-19) | Anna
Begin (or resume) a project that documents this ‘new normal.’
- Capture these historical events through your words and photos.
- Take screenshots of websites, emails and ‘mimes’ on social media to support your stories.
- Create daily, weekly, or monthly or in time increments that best work for you.
- Observe what has changed or stayed the same over the past few weeks.
- Notice the ‘little things’ provides a lens for GRATITUDE – See more below.
- Use layered Templates and Elements to ease design decisions.
- Learn more in What is FotoInspired?
- Consider a Month in Review to remember what is shaping up to be remarkable year.
2. Look Back to Your Ancestors
Conflict (Heritage Project) | Anna
Begin (or continue with) a Heritage project and seek strength in stories of survival.
- Connect with your family history.
- Find camaradie with those family members who have walked a similar path with less privilege.
- Tell stories of your ancestral resilience.
- Seek similarities with the past and present
- Get inspiration 52 Ancesters in 52 Weeks via Amy Johnson Crow.
- Learn more in the Heritage Project workshop in which I guide you through my own process and design approach.
- See also ColorTechniques, ArtsyMemorabilia and ArtsyDoubles for supporting guidance.
- Find some of my favorite Heritage DigitalART products.
3. Gift Your Artistry
Mother’s Day 2019 | Anna
Create a photo project for someone else.
- Create a Mother’s Day Album following this video and modify the artistry in the templates to create a Father’s Day version as well.
- Finally start that Baby Book you’ve been talking about – Use Baby Template Album No. 1 Part A, Part B, Part C and Part D with ArtPlay Palettes that support the colors of your photos.
- Celebrate a milestone vent such as a Wedding, Anniversary or Family Gathering using one of the classy Hipster Plume Template Albums.
- Work on a Tribute Album for someone you have loved and lost, who just retired or you just want to celebrate.
- WaterColor Templates are my absolute favorite to create ANY type of photo project.
- See aA Project Workshop REPLAY. for guidance on starting and completing a project in any theme.
4. Celebrate Travel
Scotland 2017 | Anna
‘Social Distancing’ is not conducive to travel so why not revisit some photos of previous adventures?
- Keep it simple with words and LOTS of amazing vacation photos.
- Use templates such as the Travel Template Album series.
- Select ArtPlay Palettes, ArtsyKardz and ArtsyTransfers that support the colors in your images.
- Support your photos with themed BrushSets to enhance your artistry.
- Use MultiMedia elements for quick and easy embellishment.
- View Travel Album Inspiration.
5. Find Gratitude
All My Soul | Anna
Curate a collection of pages in which you Art Jounal using your DigitalART supplies.
- Photos are always optional – See No Photo Layouts with Brushes.
- Play with your aA DigitalART and the techniques you have learned in Photoshop/Elements.
- Add titles via WordART or copy and paste poems, quotes, songs and your own words.
- Process your own thoughts and feelings through this time.
- Document your unique perspective.
- Find inspiration for digital art journaling via aA Creative Team Members, Donna Goar and Viv Halliwell.
- Join out Daily Gratitude practice in aA Connect Facebook Group.
There is a LOT to worry about right now but where’s the benefit? Let’s FOCUS on the things we can control such as out photos and artistry.
- Begin a NEW photo project.
- Choose a Theme.
- Gather your Photos.
- Select your DigitalART supplies.
- Create 1 or MORE pages a day until you complete your photo project.
- For more support and guidance see aA Project Workshop REPLAY
Let’s start this Monday off with a ROUTINE you now have the TIME to follow.
Join the discussion One Comment
your layouts are stunning!!!!!!!